What’s the big deal with local SEO, and why are so many businesses starting to focus on it?
Local search engine optimization is one of the best ways for a business to use SEO marketing online but still generate more sales in-store.
Consider the following statistics for a moment:
- 82% of consumers say that they’ve used a search engine (like Google or Bing) to search for local business results.
- Over 50% of all searches made on mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, is in search of a local business result.
- Global internet activity on mobile devices accounts for at least 10% of all internet traffic.
- 60% of consumers say that they believe search results for local businesses are both more relevant and more trustworthy than general search results.
As those statistics suggest, the rise of local SEO has been linked to three big trends in the internet marketing industry:
- Competition for consumers is tougher now that every business has the opportunity to build up a website and even sell products online.
- Consumers are more wary of the search results they see, and they’re more able to compare businesses and products online.
- Mobile internet usage has skyrocket in recent years and it has made it easier than ever for consumers to search for local stores.
It is incredibly important for businesses to focus on their local SEO techniques! As mobile device usage continues to grow and consumers demand more information and education from businesses before making purchases, the importance of targeting local consumers is only going to increase, too.
If you want to make sure that your business stays ahead of the game, focusing on your local SEO is one of the best ways to keep moving forward! More like this article.